Monday, April 29, 2013

Grocery Shopping with Gloria


Thank you to Gloria, an alumnus from the class of 2011, for writing today’s blog.

My name is Gloria Pavuk and I am one of the alumni students. 

I currently live in an apartment and have two part-time jobs. When I'm not working, I am volunteering at Shepherds College once a week. 

This year I have been helping the students go grocery shopping. I go to the store with a residential staff member.  We usually shop by splitting into two groups. 

I typically help a group of 2-3 students. It is a lot of fun! 


 The students have learned how to compare prices and to compare quality vs. quantity.  


Along with grocery shopping, they also shop for their personal items.  They usually go shopping for their personal items every other week.

After we go grocery shopping, we like to go for a treat (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.).

I enjoy being with the students, and I am blessed to have this experience!
 


Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment