Thursday, June 5, 2014

My School Year in Review



Thank you to Micah T. Muma for writing today's blog.


This year has been crazy and long.

I can still remember the day when I first came to Shepherds. If I were to go through all of the moments that were great at Shepherds, it would take some time. Instead, I’ll go through my all-time favorites. But first, I want to say it was very hard when I came here. I took steps I shouldn’t have and that took me to almost getting expelled out of Shepherds. It took a bit to earn the trust of my advisor and other staff. I’m still learning here and earning trust every day. All of the rough times I had in 2013 sometimes have me thinking of how close I could’ve been to being asked to leave here. I wouldn’t have had the honor of learning and being taught by some amazing people. 

My all-time favorite moment was when we went to paintball. A friend of mine and I were on the same side, and we fired upon seeing one another. He thought I was the enemy, but I wasn’t … To make sure he would remember, I shot him up a bit (but just a bit). 

There are quite a few memories here I enjoyed, such as going to Action Territory and driving the go-carts and hanging with my friends. But honestly, 2013 was a bit tough and good.  I enjoyed playing basketball with the champions of the Soarin’ Eagles and Falcons which were great teams. My all-time favorite moment was at the Bucks stadium playing on the court at half-time and winning. I truly crossed that dream off my bucket list. 



As 2014 arrived, I didn’t see greatness coming, and I knew problems would come. We all can see problems in life, yet we can’t tell when the greatness will come. For me, it was being taught and instructed by an amazing editor who gives me great structure in writing. Her name is Susan Griffis, and she has been a great tutor in my life. She is my all-time favorite staff here.  


Another, Mr. Andrus who teaches Computer Skills, is my all-time favorite teacher, not for the love of technology or because he works with computers, but because of the way he teaches and how he gives you his undivided attention. Plus, his kids are amazing and such great company.

As graduation and summer break comes, I wonder how the graduates feel, and I wish I could be them. Yet, I have two years to go. I’ve always been about being fast, but I know it’ll take some time, and I have to enjoy it and learn as I go. But for the graduates, I pray they will prosper and learn from Shepherds College, and that they will never forget that God gave them a chance in life to go forth and to change the world. I thank God I have met them. 

As the days go down, and we are all counting down, I know one thing. We all will miss each other. We all can say, “I miss you,” but when we’re at our separate houses and something weird happens, we’ll be, “I wish my friends were here.”  So don’t be saying, “No, I won’t miss you.” It’s all a lie. I’ll miss you. But I won’t miss being out of Wisconsin for two months, that’s for sure. In all, as I end here and look forward to seeing my family and all my friends whom I haven’t seen for some time, all I can say to the staff and teachers here is, “Thank you, sincerely, for a year of greatness.”

And to the ones who’ll be heading out of here for good, “May you truly make the right choices in life and may you prosper.  We will miss you and will pray for you. 

Thank you truly. Have a great summer break!
 


Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment