Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Office: A Touch of Warmth



I know it’s only January. Believe me, I know.

This may be a slight exaggeration, but I’m colder than I’ve ever been in my life today. I’m sitting at my desk, teeth chattering, shivering, and trying to rub down goose bumps so large that my skin looks like bubble wrap.

So yes, it’s definitely January. And do you know what’s happening in the offices of Shepherds College?

We’re planning our June graduation!

Can you believe that in less than 5 months we’ll be graduating our 3rd class of students?

It’s a special day for all of us, but especially the students. Many of them never believed that a college graduation was possible for them so we want this special event to be as perfect as we can possibly make it.

We’re planning photo shoots, media announcements, a baccalaureate service, a graduation celebration and the graduation ceremony.

We’re ordering caps and gowns, announcements, invitations and flags.


The guest speaker has been invited. Now we need to build our guest list of family, friends, employers, staff, business owners, media and local dignitaries.

Meetings are planned for music selection, floor layout, readings, food, promotional material, etc…


It’s quite the process!

So I don’t really mind the chill in January. Just thinking about the emotional event to come in June warms me from the inside out.


Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah You are right Graduation day celebration is probably the most important day in the entire student life of a person. The feeling of seeing yourself in a college graduation cap and gown after completing your college is incomparable. I am so excited for I am going to be graduate.

    ReplyDelete