Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day by Day - Part 3



Thank you to the MIE 2015 team for the continuation of their story in Jamaica. Read the May 11 blog to start at the beginning.

Saturday, April 4

Saturday, we did our third day of VBS and taught the kids about Jesus’ death on the cross.  Our students taught that the story doesn’t end with Jesus’ death and prepared them for Easter Sunday and our last day of VBS on Monday.  After VBS, we met another local missionary family, the Hensel’s.  They shared about their ministry of medical missions and a Bible college.  We also had a chance to share about Shepherds College and what we were learning in Jamaica thus far.  

The kiddos are very sweet.  I really felt connected to all of the little boys.  Today, God provided for me by giving me flexible pants with every activity that we do. ~ Wade
 
A story I want to take home about today is we did a play showing the kids how Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  And we got to play outside with them.  ~Crystal 

I had a great day.  I think the kids are learning that Jesus loves us all enough to die for us.  Today, God provided for me by meeting the Hensel’s.  One thing I learned about myself today was I am good with kids.  ~Andrew 

A story I want to take home about today is when life’s burdens get so heavy and it seems I’m all alone, I can cast my cares to Jesus and come boldly to his throne.  I find his grace sufficient and His promises I heed through His very life he sacrificed and He lives to intercede.  ~Jonathan


Sunday, April 5

He is risen!  On resurrection Sunday, we celebrated at Annotto Bay Gospel Chapel.  We participated in a communion service, followed by a church service.  One of the students had the opportunity to greet the church and thank them for having us join the service.  In the evening on Sunday, the Terroades came to our hotel and shared their testimonies.  Their testimonies are powerful examples of God’s persistent and life-transforming grace.  We were privileged to hear Kenneth play both the saxophone and flute.  He is a gifted musician.

A story I want to take home about today is  that the Terroades love God and love to show people and take them in.  They care about all the kids they teach.  The Terroades show that God is #1 in their lives.  They have had everything taken away from them.  They almost got a divorce.  I am happy that God saved them.  ~Nikki 

I am so grateful that He is Risen today!  My savior lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Today,  God provided for me by letting me worship in Jamaica.  The best memory was praising God.  ~Andrew 

One thing I learned about myself today was my testimony can be shared anytime.  ~Micah 

Today, God provided for me by showing me what I am struggling with in my life – Trusting in Jesus.  The best memory from today was hearing the Terroade’s testimony.  ~Olya
 



Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment