Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day by Day - Part 4

Thank you to the MIE 2015 team for the continuation of their story in Jamaica. Read the May 11 blog to start at the beginning.


Monday, April 6

Monday was our last day of VBS.  We taught about Jesus’ resurrection and forgiveness of sins.  Students were sad to say goodbye to the kids they met.  They gave gifts to the kids like bubbles, chalk, and bracelets some of the team and other students at Shepherds College made for the trip.  We finished our time with the Terroades by completing some work projects and sharing supplies.  It was a difficult to say goodbye.  We were able to form some great relationships with the kids.  While it’s difficult to say goodbye, we are so thankful for these relationships.  We know that our lives are certainly richer because of it. 

From our journals: 

From this experience leading VBS and completing work projects, I learned to be more flexible, not getting angry when people pinch and pull your hair.  And laughing off mistakes.  ~Jonathan 

Today, God provided for me by having me be with the greatest missions team members ever.  ~Wade 

Today, God provided for me by letting the Terroades into my life and being able to explain my testimony to people I just met.  ~Nikki 

A story I want to take home about today is all the kids were amazing and are the best thing in a VBS I’ve ever been.  God is great and Jamaican kids are cute!  When I see the kids through pictures I know they are in God’s hands and he will work on them.  ~Micah 

From this experience leading VBS and completing work projects, I learned that God can use you.  I know that I am very young.  Many people think that children can’t impact the world.  ~Olya 

Today, God provided for me by giving me Auntie Eileen and Uncle Ken.  I love them so much!  Today, God taught me how much grace God gave me and how much he loves me to go on this trip.  A story I want to take home about today is this entire experience.  I had such a good time the way this was.   I like all the people here.  Jamaican people are so sweet and kind.  I love them so much   I love how we were safe this trip.  God has given protection over this trip.  I hope that God will bless Jamaica abundantly above and beyond.  I can’t wait to tell the people back home who love you so much about the awesome trip I had.  ~Willetta 

Tuesday, April 7

Tuesday was our last full day in Jamaica.  We had set this day aside to do some touristy things.  We did our shopping in the morning and had lunch at a beautiful beachside restaurant.  Through the Hensel’s (the missionaries we met on Saturday), we were able to meet and taste the food of one of Jamaica’s premier chefs.  We were able to swim in the Caribbean in the afternoon!  God certainly is the creator of some pretty incredible things! 

From our journals:  

A story I want to take home about today is I tried my first Jamaican patty and it was good.  ~Andrew

A story I want to take home about today is that Ms. Pollard is great at negotiating with  prices.  She helped me out today and I liked having her there.  ~Nikki 

One thing God showed me today was His beauty in the ocean and the beauty through the warmth.  God is great and did a great job.  ~Micah 

I swam in the ocean.  I saw God’s awesome creation.  A story I want to take home about today is God is all powerful, all knowing, and my heavenly Father made me the way I am.  ~Olya 

            Today, God provided for me by letting me see another wonderful day in Jamaica, shopping and spending time with my friends.  ~Willetta 



Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment