Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teacher Tuesday: Gloria's Thoughts

When I want to know something about a teacher I’ve never met before, I usually look to other students for advice. My friends and I are always sharing the scoop about professors we’ve had, so others will be able to feel comfortable in those classes, too. It’s helpful to know what to expect about your teachers because then you feel like you know them before you even meet. It relieves some of that first-day-of-school stress.

That’s what Gloria would like to do for you today. Gloria was part of the first graduating class from Shepherds College in 2011. She is living independently and holding down two jobs, but she is still actively involved at Shepherds by volunteering as a tutor at Shepherds College and by being a part of the Catalyst program for Shepherds Ministries.

Gloria would like to introduce you to a faculty member who has made a special impact on her life. She has learned a lot of life lessons from this teacher, and Gloria can’t wait for you to meet her, too. So, meet Mrs. Brasch through Gloria’s eyes.


By Gloria Pavuk

Hello. My name is Gloria Pavuk, and I am one of the first alumni students.

Shepherds College has wonderful teachers that have really impacted my life over the three years I was there. However, there is one particular teacher that has really impacted my growth during college. Her name is Jenna Brasch.

Mrs. Brasch helped me through my struggles with guys, boundaries, and relationships. She showed me tough love, but now when I look back, I am so glad she did. I had no clue when it came to boundaries. I did not know what it meant to set up boundaries in my life; I just wanted to live life!

Mrs. Brasch showed me and taught me that I can still live life, but have boundaries set up in my life. I learned that having boundaries in your life helps you to protect yourself and most importantly, to keep yourself and someone else from getting hurt.

I did get hurt emotionally because I did not have those boundaries set up in my life. It took a long time, but now I do have boundaries set up in my life, and I keep those boundaries. I am enjoying life the way God intended it.

Since then, I have kept healthy relationships with my friends and family. God has also blessed my life with two part time jobs and even a relationship. I basically surrendered everything to God and simply said, “I give up God!” He took that and changed my life around.

Jenna Brasch is a blessing to many, including myself. I cannot thank her enough for what she has done in my life during my three years at Shepherds College.

A student cooks a meal with Mrs. Brasch



Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.org.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria:

    Thank you for sharing how Brasch is a blessing in your life and in the lives of other students.

    Yes, boundaries are a gift from God and to our lives.

    Brasch taught you a lot about protective behaviours and attitudes which help you in your life - the way He intended it.

    ReplyDelete