Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Fun: Did You Hear...?


"A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends." Proverbs 16:28

This morning I risked life and limb to frost bite as I walked to the Bolthouse Center for another Time To Shine skit by the Shepherds College teachers. It was worth every shivering, teeth chattering, slip-sliding step. These ladies amaze me with their high energy, quick thinking and ad libbing abilities at 8:30 in the morning at the end of a long week.

Today's lesson was on gossip. Enjoy the show.

"Hey Miss Pollard? Did you hear about Miss Luchterhand??"
"Miss Luchterhand?" Noooo... What about her??
"I saw her staring at a guy at Buffalo Wild Wings. I think she likes him. I think she's dating him..."
The students are wondering what on earth is happening on the stage. Why are the teachers whispering?
Wait! Did we just hear them say that Miss Luchterhand likes a guy?? Shhhhhh!! Let's listen...
"What are you guys talking about??"
"You will never believe this, Mrs. Cyr. Miss Luchterhand is dating."
"NOOOooooooo!!!! You're lying. You're lying right?  Get outta here!!"
Miss Luchterhand stomps onto the scene. "Are you guys talking about me??" 
"Students, were they talking about me? I think they were talking about me."
"I gotta text the rest of the staff! This is too good not to share."
"I'd better call Mr. Kolkman too. He'll be upset if we all know and no one tells him."
Miss Luchterhand is outraged. "I'm calling Mrs. Luchterhand!"
"Hello, Miss Luchterhand... What?! They're saying what about you?"
"Miss Luchterhand left the room so I can talk. Did you hear?? Yeah. I saw her with a guy at Buffalo Wild Wings. She's obviously in love."
"They're over there right now talking about me! I thought they were my friends."
"Well, I'm disgusted. How can they talk about you like that? I hear Miss Pollard sat with a cute guy at church on Sunday. I bet they're dating too, so she's really one to talk."
"Did you guys all hear the news? Miss Luchterhand likes a guy. We've seen her. We know she's dating him and not telling us."
Oh goodness. It's time for the confrontation. "Why are you talking about me behind my back?!"
"I can't believe you think I would do something like that!" pouts Mrs. Cyr. "Miss Luchterhand, we would never gossip about you!"
"We were gossiping about Miss Luchterhand. Ah! My heart hurts from the pain I've caused my dear friend..."
"Students, have you ever experienced anything like this? Has anyone ever gossiped about you? Raise your hand if you've been through this."

"We need to apologize. Miss Luchterhand, we're sorry we gossiped about you. Please forgive us."
"Of course, I forgive you," Miss Luchterhand said, then thought to herself, 'but can I ever trust you again...'
"I'm glad you enjoyed today's lesson on gossip."
"And now..."
"...it's time..."
"...for more Ai Awards!"
The first award goes to Ryan for Improved Socialization.
Crystal received the next Ai Award for Encouraging & Fun in Home A
The third award went to Philip for Improved Attitude & Initiative.
And the final award went to Zoe for Thoughtfulness. Miss Luchterhand accepted the award in his absence.
"That was so cool! These skits are the best. Our teachers are funny."

Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

1 comment:

  1. Great skit and great application for everyone, even us parents and friends out here in cyberspace. Our daughter, Katie, is a first-year student at Shepherds and loves it. Her mother and I love it too. I pastor and teach in South Korea, along with my wife, and we are so appreciative that the Lord has made Shepherds College an option for Katie and other students with special needs like her.
    Shalom, Tom Norton

    ReplyDelete