Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh Shoot!

On occasion I’m asked by an unaware co-worker to photograph a special event for Shepherds College. I understand the thinking behind the request – Susan is in Marketing. She must be gifted in all forms of visual, verbal and written communication.

As Charlie Brown says:











I wish. 

I wish I could list photography on my resume under Skills. I wish every picture I took didn’t look like the subject was moving at the speed of light. I wish I could remember where the sun is supposed to be and where my fingers are not supposed to be. I wish I had memorized which students aren’t allowed to have their pictures taken. I wish I would think to ask the students to remove their glasses before the shot so they didn’t all look like Cyclops projecting his optic blast.

Well, wishing hasn’t turned me into an Ansel Adams clone yet, so when photography is on the agenda, I lean on the “Director” part of my Marketing title and call in the professionals.

The college recently needed class photos and student IDs taken. We’re blessed to have the friendship and support of the wonderful people at Leibforth Photography who made time last week to work with the students.

To thank the Leibforths for the donation of their time and services, I knew I wanted to mention them in this blog. But then I got inspired and thought, “I should take pictures of the shoot!” 

So, here is my attempt to share the first photo shoot of the 2012/2013 school year with you. And - just in case I wasn’t clear enough – the following photos were not taken by the Leibforths. I take full responsibility for them.
Our lovely photographers, and someone's knees

Jim Leibforth in the shadows
Waiting for the 2nd year guys to arrive
2nd years guys, but where's Sean??
Zoe's getting impatient for his turn.

Girls? Girls? The camera is over here...
Miss Houk telling Mr. Kolkman that he was next in line for his ID picture.      Wearing glasses might help...

The mystery student makes his 1st appearance.

2nd...

3rd...

Good thing I know how to use the eraser in PhotoShop.


If it’s true that a picture is worth a thousand words -well, I guess I’m speechless…

Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

1 comment: