Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Blog from Andrew



Blog 3 in the Make a Difference blog series from the students of Shepherds College

 


This blog is from Andrew, a first year student interested in the Culinary Arts program.






What I have learned since I have been at Shepherds College is the meaning of independence. I do things before the staff asks me to.

I have lived with my disability my whole life. I have ADHD and other disabilities. I came to Shepherds to further my independence. I want to learn how to cook. 


I like all the teachers and staff. I think it’s great that they want to help people with disabilities. I’m learning how to do chores better. I am learning how to grocery shop on a budget. I am starting to eat better. I used to drink a lot of soda. I drink a lot of water now.


I think God has a plan for everything. I plan to live in Los Angeles, California.

I continue to learn every day. 


My favorite memory at Shepherds was going to the new member’s lunch at my church. It was great to meet new people. I have made so many friends.


I hope you look forward to visiting Shepherd’s College someday. It has definitely changed my life for the better. I hope it will be the right fit for you.




Thanks for reading my blog and have a great day!
 







Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment