Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Blog from Laurel


Blog 5 in the Make ADifference blog series from the students of Shepherds College


 



Laurel is a third-year student in the Culinary Arts program.
  





 
 What independent life looks like for me… 

 

…Is making my own meals for me

…Not having my parents there 24/7

…Having to do my own laundry on my laundry day




 


 …Not living at home while in college for three years

…Being away from family while at college and not seeing them till the weekends

…Having my own place, by myself

 



…Getting up for school without help getting up

…Learning how to do things on my own 

…Learning how to pay the bills by myself 







 …Learning how to keep my apartment clean and nice 

…Learning to live without my parents all the time because they will not always be there

…I will have to know how to live on my own without help from my parents.
 




Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

1 comment: