Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday's Top Five: The Secret Room



Our students are encouraged to journal every day in Language Arts.

Their work helps Miss Luchterhand track their growth in writing skills over the course of the semester. When they share their assignments with me, their journal entries also become a great way for you to get to know the students! Today, you'll experience their fun, creative, whimsical side.

For a recent assignment, the students wrote their responses to “If I found a secret room…”



 


1.       “If I found a secret room, I would have a party in the room playing video games. I wish that because I love video games. One of my favorite is Sonic DX and Shadow the Hog. I would love to stay up all night because I got used to not sleeping when I was working in the Kroger store. I would bring all the friends – I mean a lot of them – that I could in this room.”  ~ David






 
2.       “In my secret room, there would be a lot of glittery posters on the walls. My brother’s band would be playing a song and singing for the Lord Above on this day. Some of my cousins would be there too. Anne Hathaway would also be in attendance as well. She is a really great actor that I have liked for a long time now, and it would be loads of fun if I could meet her in person someday. I’d always have a key to get into the room, one with a lock on it of course. This is a faithful narrative of what would be in my secret room.”  ~ Audrey





3.       “If I found a secret room, I would want to explore it. I would take out my flashlight and creep in cautiously. I would enter in this manner because I would not know what to expect. I imagine that there would be a lot of cobwebs in it, and it would be dusty. After I got my nerve up, I would start to poke around in the room, but I would still be careful. After a few weeks of cleaning up the room, I would use this room as a secret place where I could escape and think if I needed to.”  ~Krista


 
4.       “The closet that I went into was magical. I went into Narnia, and it was very unusual. They asked me how I got there and I said, ‘I came by magic.’ I meet Mr. and Mrs. Beaver, and they were really enjoyable. I loved it. I have friends that I have met in Narnia. I have met the half man, half horse and he asked me if I wanted a ride and I said yes. After I saw the Beavers, I wanted to go see Aslan. I had a very nice time with all of my Narnian friends, and I hope to see them again. I hope that I could have had a longer journey in Narnia, but I couldn’t because I had to go back to the real world.”  ~ Kathryn





5.       “The secret room I found was a bedroom. It was so fancy that a rich person could own it. I found that the room was so fancy that it was way better than the house. The house looked like it was run down on the outside, but the bedroom was so nice that I had to go look around. The bedroom was so clean that I could not find anything out of place. The secret bedroom was as clean as a whistle. I wanted to look at everything – a walk-in closet, a gigantic bed, and huge windows. The walk-in closet was so big that twenty grown adults could walk right in and fit without being cramped. You could fit six full grown adults on the bed without having them fall off. The windows were five feet tall. You could have the biggest pillow fight in this secret bedroom and still have the space to have games going on at the same time. The gigantic space was for a couple, but one of them died after they finished it so the other person could not live there anymore. The person left and never finished the house. Secret bedrooms are best because then you can see what other people want to have in their own houses and you could see that not everyone has the taste in the same things.  The more secret rooms that you have, the more interesting things get because everyone has different perspectives.”  ~ Nikki
 


Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment