Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday's Top Five: Mini Blogs



Blog 6 in the Make A Difference blog series from the students of Shepherds College

Today’s blog is actually five mini blogs from several different students. One of the students submitted multiple mini blogs on different topics, but forgot to put her name on them. I’ll be using two of her blogs, so what you have below is a compilation of writings from four different authors.



      1.       I don’t like loud noises. I put cotton or ear plugs in my ears when it gets too loud and I can’t concentrate. My favorite Bible story is the story of Joseph because it teaches us forgiveness and that God is always in control no matter the circumstances. My favorite part about my classes is that there is always something fun to do, such as fun and interesting worksheets, activities and acting out our Bible studies that we are reading. My most favorite memories here at Shepherds College are spending time in my dorms with the girls and second- and third-year students on the activities we go to, such as picnicking at Lake Michigan, the lighthouse, the art fair, the zoo, and supporting a staff member at her 6K run.  ~Sarah




 


      2.       I learned by making new friends and meeting new people. God does everything for us. I learned how to do chores, and we also go shopping and out for treats. Sometimes we go to the book shop. We went mini golfing and on the hayride. In class we learned about time and math and money.  ~Ryan









3.       I came to Shepherds College because I wanted brighter classes and I wanted better living space. I love coming to Shepherds College. I am so blessed that I am here. I have so many favorite staff here. I love Roots of Faith because I had Mrs. Fye. I love her class because I had so much fun learning in her class. I had so much fun in her class because we learned a lot.  ~ Anonymous


4.       My favorite memory at Shepherds College is living in Home A, and coming to Shepherds College to see all my favorite staff, and going to cooking every day. I love being here. I’m having the best time of my life.  ~Anonymous





      5.       My favorite Bible story is the one about Queen Esther and how she saved her people, the Jews. I really love this story because I think of myself sometimes as a queen, or princess, in God’s sight. My Dad has talked about this character a lot. This is only one of my favorite Bible stories from His Word. It teaches us that if we rely on Him, He will save, and be with us always forever. I’m really glad that I decided to come here to this college. I just cannot believe how the months and the days have been flying by so quickly.  ~ Audrey 
 



 
Shepherds College - Guiding Your Transition to Appropriate Independence. Please visit us at www.shepherdscollege.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment